If you are trying to register a new user, and you are getting the error below:
The new ASP.NET MVC 5 web templates are using the Identity framework to do the validation and password policy. This message indicates that the password policy requires a special character. In the event that our password policy does not need such requirements, we can disable this constrain.
To disable this constrain, we can follow these steps:
- Open the identity_config.cs files under the App_start folder
- Search for the string manager.PasswordValidator
- We should see this code snippet:
// Configure validation logic for passwords
manager.PasswordValidator = new PasswordValidator
RequiredLength = 6,
RequireNonLetterOrDigit = true,
RequireDigit = true,
RequireLowercase = true,
RequireUppercase = true,
- Set the RequireNonLetterOrDigit = false
- Save and compile the application
The password requirements should now be a bit more flexible, and the error should no longer be displayed.
I hope that helps.